Thursday, August 11, 2011

Random Bite

As leagues all over western Europe begin to get back in to it so will the bloggers, writers and pundits.  As for me I had the Gold Cup, Copa America, Copa Libertadores and Major league Soccer so I have been fine don't worry. Some great action throughout this summer with a fantastic type of player on view. Gold Cup saw Javier Hernandez stamp himself as the premier forward in North American soccer, in the Copa America, Uruguay introduced me to Sebastian Coates and confirmed about I already knew about the golden locked Diego Forlan. In the Copa Libertadores Ganso and Neymar held my interest and States side Brek Shea was the guy to watch. So they have been the odd player I have been keeping an eye on. A guy who has been on my radar not to sound cliche' is a promising young talent from Ligue1 in France. I mean there is a glut of talent in France. Jordan Ayew, Kevin Gameiro, Hugo Lloris and Miralem Pjanic and now add Javier Pastore and you have an exciting young league so they are in good stead. Despite that, one man who has left the conveyer belt that is France is Gervinho. Who ironically is part of the center piece of this whole article. The Ivorian made his switch from Ligue 1, 2010-11 champs Lille Metropole over this summer transfer window to Arsenal with a fee of around 10.5 million pounds agreed between the two parties. Here is where I chime in. Did Arsenal get the wrong Lille man?
 Now say what you want but Gervinho is a champion. He won the league and cup with "the Mastiffs."  He shimmies and shakes and he has what I think quite possibly the best weave on a man I have ever seen. His hair is absolutely ridiculous... but weave aside he is quick and forceful and Arsenal will help him along until he wants out. With Nasri and the Spaniard who shall not be named set to leave and they will I won't to see Gervinho orchestrating the bulk of Arsenal attacks I'm sure he won't but if it comes to that I would ask for my money back if I was a season ticket holder at the Emirates. When I heard the Arsenal were in for a Lille forward this summer I must admit Gerry wasn't the first one I thunk of. In fact I was about to save my hard earn money to go buy an Eden Hazard Arsenal jersey but no they got Gervinho. Eden Hazard is one of the most dynamic prospects in world football. I don't have to say how great he is there is YouTube for that and comparing him to Gervinho is tough because they are not the same player and it would be unfair to the Ivorian. It's like Arsenal are trying to be terrible. I don't know if its a money thing or Wegner needs his spectacles I don't know or maybe Lille aren't willing to part with their diamond. All I'm saying is why make a bid for the number two man at a club when the ace is right there. Wrong man Arsenal should have bet on the Belgian. 

Arsenal I hope I'm wrong






    

No comments: