Sunday, July 24, 2011

MLS Watch

I'm telling you this Major League Soccer thing starting to actually get good and being the man that I am, I solely attribute it to players. Don't get me wrong I still have my issues with the league but at the end of the day I know no one really cares about  Don Garber (MLS Commissioner) or these other suites and ties, they might add structure but none of them kick the ball around. Think of all the talent the MLS has spawned over the years. Freddy Adu, Landon Donovan and Tim Ream. I want to shy away from the Prekis and Eddie Popes of the game, although they had a hand to play in the crafting of North America's premier soccer league let's not kid ourselves they are a different generation.
 Now that I have gotten all the serious analytical things out of the way I can get to why I'm here on the interweb (I don't think that was a word). Have you seen Brek Shea play soccer. I will say this now, if he is not the poster boy for American soccer I will burn something. I mean it. Could be the house, could be a blunt or could be the walls of Troy and when I'm done there use Troy's embers to emblazon the walls of Jericho with flame but I'm sure that has already been done. I think this guy is seriously someone the US National team should thrust into the spotlight. Very classy player. He is like a golden Dimitar Berbatov. Super silky but here is the jaw dropper, from what I can see the young man actually has a strong work ethic. Crazy right? Someone from my generation who actually likes to work hard almost unheard of. He clearly is a player that puts in the extra work in training. Even if you don't like Shea as a player his laid back persona is very endearing which kind of contradicts what I just said in the previous stanza but let me make it clear Brek Shea the player and Brek Shea the man are two completely different men. It's like when he plays he is like the Hulk just smashing anything in his path but off the field he is like Hulk's alter ego Dr. Bruce Banner who is ultra chill. Just watch him play he is just fun to watch. 


Mr. Shea





No comments: