Monday, June 22, 2009

Hatchlings

They have been a fair share of the series I call Hatchlings on the blog so for and I'm very pleased about that. When I first started this blog I didn't know how long I could maintain the series yet alone the blog itself but as I started to churn out the stories I grew very impatient to do the next one. That holds true for all the segments on the blogito, what you don't like that word, its not a word?, well I am a level 9 Wordsmith and plus I did Mass Communications so I can make up my own words. What is not made up is the player who is in our crosshairs today, I'm excited about this one more so than I have ever been on the blog. Can my childish glee be contained or will it erupt like a japenese school girl who has just seen the latest version of half bred minature gold fish. Read the text below and we shall see.

Name: Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magana

Nickname: Memo

D/O/H: 07/13/1985 (age 23)

Place of Hatching: Guadalajara, Mexico

Position: Goalkeeper

Prefered Claw: Right

Height: 6'0 ft

National Team: Mexico

Caps: 21

Club Team(s): Club America (2003-present)
Japanese school girl it is, as I type every word a tingly feeling goes through my body like when someone strokes a cold finger down your back, in my case I hope that finger is attached to a ridicoulsly pretty female but none the less I am pretty upbeat about this.Why?, because I get to do a profile on what is in my opinion the most important player on the pitch the GOALKEEPER. I have a very, very, very, big soft spot for goalkeepers, again why?, because I use to be one before I decidied to leave the game forever and concentrate on my writing at 21 the old knees tend to give out but how fortunate for you guys I have taken up the pen. Only us the keepers of the goal understand the pain of getting scored on eight times in a row, that was a sad day in my history but this guy isn't as bad as me but I know he can play a scrub he is not so let's get into it.
Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magana better known as just plain old Guillermo Ochoa was born on the 13th of July 1985 in Guadalajara, Mexico, side note damn that is alot of "a," in that word. Nicknamed Memo by his peers is a very resolute goalkeeper despite his years. Years that began and to this day still roll on at Club America. Young Ochoa joined the Mexican SuperLiga club in 2003 at the age of 18 where until the present has been a struggle to cement the only solo spot on the field. Originally brought in as cover for the now expired but not dead Adolfo Rios who retired in 2004. The coach at the time drop the 18 year old into the fray and Memo came out golden. Rios returned the next season fresh from injury and the battle for the No.1, jersey was on but a young vibrant Ochoa pacified the senior citizen and the acolade of the keeper was bestoed upon him. A hero to the Aztecas was born but for every protagonists there is the antagonist and Guillermo's Lex Luther was a wretched Argentine Oscar Ruggeri whose nickname was ironically the Big Headed One "El Cabezon." Well our story starts in the City of Mexico, Mexico City, for a time the city was protected by a boy called Memo. Memo was loved by all until one day coming from the south like a snarling wind came El Cabezon. Well that is end of my playwrite but Ruggeri's big head just could not take a Memo and Ochoa was left of the side. Ruggeri brought in his own henchmen two other goal keepers that barred Ochoa from the between the sticks. Thankfully for our young hero El Cabezon's ego got the best of him and he was vanquished to the Nether realm of the unemployment line. In step a new coach by the name of Mario Carillo and in a act of common sense in my opinion and good faith Ochoa reclaimed his spot between the pipes, a wise choice he would have been crucified by the America Ultras. Success will follow Ochoa with an array of Mexican titles like the Apetura and Clasura titles to go with his whopping 173 appearances for the club. This form will be transfered to the international scene.
Memo's debut for Tricolor in Ricardo LaVolpe's 2006 World Cup side albeit the third choice keeper it was a start. Under Hugo Sanchez's regime he has shone and has taken the place of veteran custodian Osvaldo Sanchez, well for a while at least. Ochoa has played in big games for Mexico like CONCACAF Gold Cup finals, multiple World Cup qualifiers and the 2007 Copa America most of them with good showings, the boy has appeared 21 times already at 23 and I can only see more caps to come.
Guillermo is one of my favourite keeprs out there and he is some what of an oddity because anyone who knows the game, know that goalkeepers tend to get really good around their late twenties and to the tale end of their careers not Guilly though. Being only 23 he has command of his post and does it with great authority. The lad can only get better and with the less physical demands of his position he can easily play to his 40s providing he stays injury free. In terms of club level Guilly has basically the all of the clubs of the world at his mercy, a good keeper is a luxury I can name a ton of clubs who need one my club can do with one if I'm being honest. Really he just basically has to want to want it as my uncle always tells me. It is not easy being a keeper you are often the first to hang and the last for praise, you stand literaly alone with all eyes on you it takes a man with amazing mental thickness to stand up to these animals that gun at you but lucky for Guillermo Ochoa he has the the net to back him up. Good luck to you my brother I hope you succeed.
Reptile

No comments: