Monday, June 29, 2009

Snake Eye

The snake has slithered its way in for another bite at the canvases that is our minds. It's been a while yes I know I wish I had a plausable reason for why it has been an enternity but for once just being blunt I really have not gotten around to hit that random button. Speaking of random my mechanical marvel courtesy of the good people at Sony has come good, confused good, I shall explain. Regular visitors to the blog will know my selection process for the Eye of the Snake, know that my playstation 3 and a copy of FIFA 2009 SOON 2010 can't wait, is the formula for a randomly selected over payed footballer being chosen. Again if you are a regular you would know of my constant belly aching about the fact that the random player that is selected has already been absorbed into my psyche thus I get a sense of pride and irration. Pride steming from my knowledge of the game and irration coming from the fact unable to increase my knowledge with news of undiscovered blood due to that knowledge, bit of a quandary. Today I have what I so crave a player I have never heard of this not be long but it will be fun.

Name: Alexander Baumjohann

D/O/B: 01/23/1987 (age 22)

Place of Birth: Waltrop, West Germany

Position: Midfielder (Central Midfielder)

Prefered Foot: None (Now that is SKILL!!! and very rare)

Height: 5'10 ft/inches

Weight: 161lbs

National Team: Germany

Caps: 0

Club Teams: Teutonia Waltorp (1991-2000), Schalke 04 (2000-06), Borussia Monchengladbach (2007-09), Bayern Munchen (2009- present)
"Ugliest and weakness are one in the same," sorry random Street Fighter 4 quote there, that one coming from the Barcelona Bullfighter Vega, I do damage with him but random being the word of the day and here we are with another Snake Eye. That quote I like and do believe as egoistic as Vega is he has a point but on the other side of the coin the Catalan does emit confidence although it being just a video game , a really good one if I may add. You need that confidence in footy and in all sports and to a larger extent life. This young man on view from what I have seen and heard so far bleeds confidence lets take look at his brief career shall we.
Alexander Baumjohann was born on the 23rd of January 1987 in Waltrop, West Germany, sounds like a place in the Chronicles of Narnia, Waltrop. Alexander started his career in his hometown at Teutonia Waltrop in 1991 until 2000 honing his raw talents. As with all young bright talent they are soon gobbled up by hungry giants and Schalke 04 consumed Alex into her core in 2006. He settled nicely into the reserve team and gained high praises from the Schalke Old Guard a promotion to senior ranks was in order 31 apperances in his first season in the German Bundesliga, I love saying that word makes you feel manly. He scored five goals as well not an easy task considering that the German league mirrors its national team style of play with that phalanx style of defence, if you are striker looking for goals Bundesliga is not welcoming. Although he preformed admirably Schalke did not see that sparkle that they clamour for so Borussia Monchengladbach made a move for the youngster. If you have a problem with the pronounciation of the club all is forgiven the first time I heard it I was confused as well but after the 83rd time you get it but yes that club took on Baumjohann and the starlet did a stellar job. Like at his time at Schalke he began in the reserves and yet again history repeated itself and a call up to the big boys was on. Another five goals notch and 40 appearances with Borussia and a ton of crafty metres ran but he was to run his last step for the club last season as the vulture which is Bayern Munchen circled. Bayern has taken its prey and now has draped it in the red blood of Munich, notice Munchen and Munich are interchangable, we just don't entertain on the blog we educate, German 101. Alex has not played yet for the Bavarians as yet actually the model has not even appeared for his centrefold so he can be adorned in Bayern's colors a bit tardy he is thus the reason for no Bayern photo but I do think he should do well for the German god. Usually I would dedicate a paragraph for international duty but Alex has no caps for the senior squad only at youth level and they are sparadic at best a point that I hope he will look to rectify.
He does get paragraph for what I think so good one you mate. I really glad that I have done this article it so far is my favourite because I have met someone I did not know thus adding to the archive which is my mind. I still really don't know him I have never seen him play live but the glimpses I see I like and its not only me who fancy him when Bayern Munich picks you that is saying something. You played for two huge clubs in Schalke and the toungue twisting Monchengladbach and that is impressive and so young 22 is a boy's age in most sports. With refernce to Vega's quote you must surely be beautiful for you are so strong and your persistence showing how moving from a lesser club in Borussia no disrespect to them and still having the motivation to make a name for yourself that shows real grit. I hope to write about you again one day, you intrigue me so accumulate those stats so I will have more to scavenge through. Random Street Fighter quote number two, "Culivate A Pure Heart," Dhalsim. Had to do it that game is to awesome. Peace out. PS MJVPoole if you know him let me know.
Reptile

No comments: