Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sleeping Dragons

I shall not be slain, nor shall my flight be tormented by foul winds, I am timeless as water as enternal as the flame that spokes my heart. Nice little haiku on my part top that Mr. Shakespare not bad from me your Wyvern Lord. Well may be not on par with Shakespare but nice I think, it is perfect for this segment of Sleeping Dragons. If you were paying attention you would know this is my second crack at the beast if you were not paying attention I forgive you like how Jesus Chirst forgave Judas Iscariot or how Abel forgave Cain, I hope you get where I'm coming from. Sleeping Dragons takes a look at those fustrating under achievers in the beautiful game. The men with all the talent in the world who refuse to share it with us and infuriate their fans and gives ammunition to their critics. Let's see if we can convert the sinners into saints.

Name: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Nickname: Schweini

D/O/B: 08/01/1984 (age 24)

Place of Birth: Kolbermoor, Germany

Height: 6ft

Position: Midfielder ( Left Winger/ Right Winger/ Central Attacking Midfielder)

Prefered Foot: Right

National Team: Germany

Caps: 67

Club Teams: FV Oberaudorf (1992), TSV 1860 Rosenheim (1992-98), Bayern Munich (1998- present)

What's Wrong Son?: I Can Only Play Well In Black & White
Ein Volke, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer. One People, one Nation, one Leader. Was waiting to try out my German on the blog albeit it the motto of Germany's Nazi past. Although it flew under the flag of ignorance and hate I like what it stands for when the evil title is stripped away the words are very powerful an gives a since of unity and progession. I wish I could say the same for our target today. The German quote will be a nice fit for him because the boy is well German but that is as far as it goes. Bastian Schweinsteiger is the center of all my rage today the man from Kolbermoor, Germany has been a bit of a lame duck at club football of late. Yes the lad is young just 24, bearly three years older than myself currently so one can say he has time to become all the stuff legends are made of but all indicators suggest he shall become just another good player and not a great.
So what is so great about Schweini well for starts he has a cool last name sounds like the Terminator we shall remix it and we shall call him the Schweinator but enough fun seriously Bastian is a gifted footballer who has performed tremedously well for his nation and has shown flashes of brilliance for his club sides. Not the quickest despite being a winger but it is his aggression and never say die attitude that serves him well, I hate cliches but what can you do. Bastian has an amazing work ethic almost slave like his shifts for Deuschtland has been literally breathless and in the national strip tends to find the goal with relative ease. Down in Bavaria with the German titans Bayern Munich he has become a bit of a fan favourite, who am I kidding they love him he has had some lovely times with Bundesliga side, some titles to tell the grankids and goals for the highlight reels. His footballing ability is very nice as well he is what I like to call a turtle dribbler he has the ability to not to sound dorky, slow time he commands the other players around him to play to his tempo.
For every good trait Bastian posses there is a demons. Bastian only seems to like to play to his full potential in a German shirt which is a shame because I'm guessing, correct me if I'm wrong you play more for your club team more than your country. It is okay to be patriotic and want to give your all for the Mother land well in his case the Father land don't know who decide Germany was a dude but dear to be different I always say. It is so bad that his national appearances eclipses his club performances. The guy is pretty much shooting himself in the foot I hope it does not become a situation like shutting the gate after the horse has bolted yet another cliche but I like that one. Meaning I hope he addresses the problem with club form before it gets out of hand and what is ironic is the poorer the club performances get the less chances he has of being decked out in the German colors. Bastian also has a nasty habit of picking up silly cards for hopeless causes. In my opinion when your a winger you should never allow your self to go in the book of the referee it's a cardinal sin if anything who should be the victim of fouls not the perpetrator.
Bastian why has your career stalled son what is it that has you in a quagmire well for one I think you have rested on your laurels which is not fair to the Munchen faithful I would be insulted that he chooses his country over my club the very same club who brought him fame. It seems he has switched of the lights, not to me be disrespectful to these players I honestly think his club form has been hampered by the presence of one Luca Toni, cough simulation dead horse and Miroslav Klose another paper weight, well at least they aren't Nicklaus Bendtner I told you I will make fun at him at every turn. Klose and Toni really are players who require service at regular intervals thus this makes Schweini work extra hard thus burning out the lad. Also the hype around the national team has hit him, funny enough when you look at the Germans who make up that team they all seem to have hit a rut club wise, take a look at Chelsea's Michael Ballack, Real Madrid's Christoph Metzelder and the Bayern Munich's German contingent they all have been in a downward spiral but its not about them its about Bastian and their shortcomings should be no concern to him.
What you need son is simply to priotorize he needs to realise the club pays his wages and though the national team will help cement his legend it is his club showings that is the mortar that holds it together. There has never been a doubt in the German's talent but he needs to focus. A switch of club would be cool but I have faith in the Bundesliga as a competitive league and as for Bayern goes she is at the apex of German football so the lack of talent that surrounds him will not be the problem. The key word for Bastian is focus he is a nifty player and can give the world dreams of ecstacy with his style of play all he needs to do is focus. Focus young grasshopper focus.
Wyvern

No comments: