Friday, July 31, 2009

Random Bite

It is an end of an era. Today in the twilight of morning former West Bromwich Albion and Fulham player Sir Bobby Robson passed away at age 76 at his home in County Durham with his wife and family at his side. The courageous former England forward succumbed to cancer, an illness he was battling for what seems an eternity. Tributes from across the football fraternity are flying for the Geordie legend, men like Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho, Alan Shearer,Harry Redknapp and even British Prime Minister Gordon Brown have chimed in about this charismatic genius. On a personal note I can't even drum up a paragraph to show how badly I feel about his death. His achievements I could never just lay them out in text or will I try, he meant alot to many and this day shall never be forgotten. As for his god like status at Newcastle they shall be no other above him. Maybe now this tragic event will make the Newcastle players open their eyes to what their club, crest and colors really mean.




















Sir Bobby Robson England Manager





















Erected Statue Of Sir Bobby





















How I remember him
(From his Autobiography 2000)

R.I.P Sir Bobby. Thank You for your exuberance. You definitely made me smile.

SIR ROBERT WILLIAM ROBSON
Sunrise- February 18th 1933
Sunset- July 31st 2009

No comments: