Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Round Up

Hola mi raza I know I am kind of late on the round up but hectic times have hit and I do apologize. Its match day three or is it two and a half because we did have that mid week spell of play in the English league. I committed a very vile sin in the world of journalism. What was it? Well I was caught in two minds and in the end I did nothing and as the old adage states something is better than nothing. Those mid week games which I spoke about did not have the full roster of teams in action so regrettably I let it slide. Another thing that has me worried is the amount of football kicking off and sadly I don't know if I can cover it all with all my many missions I have to complete. I know I am sadden by this as well but I will try. Serie A has finally kicked off and some surprises have came out on the first day was not expecting what I saw I guess that that's why they call it a surprise. What was not surprising is how the EPL went over the weekend and if you missed out I am here to pick up the slack as late as I am, sorry as I said been really busy.

Match Day 3

Fixtures

Arsenal 4 Portsmouth 1
Venue- Emirates Stadium
Goals- A.Diaby (17,21mins), W.Gallas (50mins), A.Ramsey (68mins) (Arsenal), Y.Kaboul (37mins) (Portsmouth)
Review- Two teams on completely different ends of the spectrum. Arsenal are miraculous while Portsmouth need a miracle.

Birmingham City 0 Stoke City 0
Venue- St.Andrew's
Review- Two teams who will be fighting for their lives, a good point won all around. Very dogged stuff I liked it if you are not a football enthusiast you might have changed the channel.

Hull City 1 Bolton W
anderers 0
Venue- KC Stadium
Goals- K.Ghilas (60mins) (Hull)
Review- Very fun game tons of chances but as you can tell by the scoreline not a whole lot of accuracy. Hull will need to put those chances away. As for the Wanderers points need to be amassed quickly. They won't go down put they will cut it close.

Manchester City 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0
Venue- City of Manchester Stadium (COMS)
Goals- E.Adebayor (17mins) (Man City)
Review- For a team that payed shed loads of money for players of guile City have a problem of hitting the back of the net. Well they did what they had to do as for Wolves they will do well to do the same they could have gotten something from this game only thing they got is another "L," in their column.

Sunderland 2 Blackburn Rovers 1
Venue- Stadium of Light
Goals- K.Jones (31,53mins) (Sunderland), G.Givet (20mins) (Rovers)
Review- Sunderland thoroughly deserve their win and they have a very cohesive unit up there. Blackburn need to find goals from somewhere the fact defender Gael Givet got their sole goal says something.

Wigan 0 Manchester United 5
Venue- DW Stadium (di
dn't even know they changed the name of the stadium LOL)
Goals- W.Rooney (55,64mins), D.Berbatov (58mins), M.Owen (85mins), L.Nani (90mins) (M.United)
Review- The game started slow for United but my goodness did they turn on the style. Wigan for they part fought for most of the game put lapses in the old concentration caused their demise.















Now that's the Man U I know and hate
.

West Ham United 1 Tottenham Hotspurs 2
Venue- Upton Park
Goals- C.Cole (49mins) (W.Ham), J.Defoe (54mins), A.Lennon (79mins) (Spurs)
Review- Best derby I have seen in a while. I won't say who should have won but what must be said is the quality of goals on show and I urge you to check them out if you can. Very tasty.

Burnley 1 Everton 0
Venue- Turf Moor
Goals- W.Elliot (34mins) (Burnley)
Review- Have you ever watched the movie Freaky Friday? Well if you haven't its basically two people switching bodies. That is my best description of the form of these two teams. It is suppose to be Everton that are suppose to be putting fear in opposition and Burnley cowering for their lives. Good show Burnley keep it up. Everton sort yourself

Fulham 0 Chelsea 2
Venue- Craven Cottage
Goals- D.Drogba (38mins), N.Anleka (76mins) (Chelsea)
Review- Why yes.....I will have the Drogba and Anelka combo hold the fries. That combo needs no side dish, those two have been a dream dipped in sprinkles and this game showed their sparkly awesomeness. Oh yeah Fulham was there to I think.

Liverpool 1 Aston Villa 3
Venue- Anfield
Goals- Lucas (33mins O.G) (Liverpool), C.Davies (45mins), A.Young (74mins) (pen) (A.Villa)
Review- Liverpool did not look interested at all and they got what they deserved. This Torres and Gerrard excuse is getting a bit annoying and what has happen now is that the rest of their side believe that if those two though don't sprinkle the magic nothing can be achieved. All credit to Villa they had lost their first two games and now they can use this as a spring board for better things.

I left it late and so did United in the end pure class.








No comments: