Monday, August 17, 2009

EPL Team Of The Week

Yip we have officially kicked of the English season and I have took in as much action as I can be allowed and let me say I have missed it so, the passion, energy and great promise in which the Barclay Premier League posses. I love it and everyone on the planet should. So much so I have decided to compile a team of the week for every league in which we cover on the blog. What is the criteria well you don't even have to be good you just have to perform well enough. In this particular segment this holds true they aren't to many household names on this one but if they keep up those performances I can tell you they will be. I will choose a formation, my captain for the week and maybe even through in a video or two. You will see the faces of the men who reached dizzying heights this week and I have to put motive to the madness I just can't simply put a name and expect you guys to agree and with that lets get to it.


Match Day 1

Formation: Since its the first installment I w
ill go with the standard and classic formation 4-4-2. Don't worry it is subject to change I personally hate it but I choose it because of the type of players who made the team this week.

The Team Of The Week:
Goalkeeper- Shay Given (Manchester City)

Left Back- Benoit Assou-Ekotto (Tottenham Hotspurs)

Center Back- Ryan Shawcross (Stoke City)
Center Back- Matthew Upson (West Ham United)
Right Back- Glen Johnson (Liverpool)
Left Wing- Kieran Richardson (Sunder
land)
Center Midfield- Mark Noble (West Ham United)

Center Midfield- Francesc Fabregas (Arsenal) (captain)
Right Wing- Shaun Wright-Philips (Manchester City)
Striker- Hugo Rodallega (Wigan Athletic)
Striker- Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

Why?

Shay Given- The Irishman lets face it was a big part of why his former club Newcastle went down and this week he saved Man City's ass.










Benoit Assou-Ekotto- To be honest I was torn between him and Patrice Evra of Manchester United this week but the wonder goal from the Frenchman made my mind up for me Benoit I mean lol they both are French.













Ryan Shawcross- William Gallas, Thomas Vermaelen and Sebastian Bassong are all center backs who scored on the weekend just like Shawcross but what they failed to do is earn they side a clean an accolade that young Ryan can boast.










Matthew Upson-
Full England International, scored a goal o
n weekend and kept a clean sheet. Picks himself really.












Glen Johnson-
He shares the same name as my father
but that is where the similarities end. Unlike my father he actually has talent, he is the best right back in England although his team lost this week arguably their best player on the day.












Kieran Richardson- He impressed me over the weekend always liked him but thought he was very underrated hopefully he may get an England call up. I hope Capello was watching.












Mark Noble- Mark had some stiff competition to get in this team Ireland of Man City and Luka Modric of Spurs did put in some glitzy performances but Noble is basically carrying the Hammers midfield so he deserves his spot.











Francesc Fabregas- Maybe now he can act like the captain he is suppose to be. Orchestrated the mauling of Everton not an easy task mind you.









Shaun Wright-Philips-There is a hole that needs to be filled and SWP maybe the man to do it. Cristiano Ronaldo was thee dominant right sided midfielder, all that has changed now with the Portuguese heading back to Iberia. Shaun had a hand in the two goals scored by City in the weekend so his spot is well deserved.











Hugo Rodallega- The young Colombian gave the Aston Villa defense fits over the weekend and the kid had a sweet strike to boot. He has got something we will see how he progresses.














Didier Drogba- Same old story just a different season. I have a sneaky feeling this man will be featured alot on this team. Right now he leads the league in scoring. I wonder how many times I will have to repeat that line.












So far so good it is ironic that most of the players are British which is very refreshing but I think that will change. Not a bad team I think, let me know what is your team of all stars. I will leave you with goals from two of our eleven those crazy hammers boys.

ABSOLUTELY HAMMERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: